Tuesday, March 11, 2008

News of the day!

Hello everyone.  When I got home today, I got a great e-mail from Jacki at the Idaho COG.  Check out the coverage and passion for our cause on Ch. 2 today.  I also spoke for quite some time, to our wonderful reporter from the Idaho Statesman Bethann Stewart.  What a great person.  She was so interested in our Saturday event and really seemed to care about reporting accurately.  I was overjoyed to have talked with her.

Additionally, I sent an e-mail message to Mayor John Evans of Garden City, inviting him to come and speak at the event and to accompany us on our tour of the disputed path.  As of 5:00 today I have not heard back but, I'm sure he'll be happy to talk to us.  I can't imagine why he wouldn't.

So many people have really picked up the torch and ran with it since Sunday.  I love the support and solidarity.  We have our detractors though so I feel it is important to include them.  I am extending an invitation to anyone who is on "the other side" to show up and walk with us and talk with us.  This seems like something that everyone should be together on.  If you are experiencing any negative feedback from your friends or neighbors, invite them to come along and see just how great the Greenbelt can be when everyone is allowed to enjoy it.  This is such a great community and we should all get together and be great with it.

Keep up the great work and don't let the momentum die.  Get everyone in the Valley to Glenwood and Marigold Saturday morning (march 15) at 10:00 am and show your support for a great cause and let the Garden City Council know that many more people want this path open for everyone than want to segregate it for a few!

Thanks and I'll keep you informed.


No comments: