Thursday, March 20, 2008

Freedom of Information Request

I am sending this letter to the legal department of Garden City to look into the particulars of a "deal" between the City and Riverside Village.  Apearantly there was some "deal" the Mayor made, in his capacity as Mayor, with the developer(?) of Riverside Village, (Himself), to segregate the citizens of Garden City from enjoying the benefits of Garden City Property.  I hope to discover that I am way off base here but, the only way I could know for sure is to examine the details of this "deal".  Of course I have no idea what to expect, maybe it's all legit but, I suspect differently.


1 comment:

motowrencher said...

From: Michael V Long

To: Legal Department, City of Garden City

RE: FREEDOM OF INFORMATION ACT REQUEST.

I am requesting any and all documents, records, e-mail, correspondences, etc., pertaining to the deal between the City of Garden City, it’s Mayor, Council and/or agents and the Riverside Village Community, referenced in the excerpt from the Report from Ch. 2 below.

“The city says it stems from an agreement with the Riverside community, allowing only pedestrians on that stretch...” (Channel 2 May, 2007)

http://www.2news.tv/news/7772347.html (see video and article)

If there is a specific form to use for this request, please direct me to the proper form otherwise, please advise me of any cost associated with this request before processing it.

I anticipate your timely response to my request.



Michael V Long
Garden City Resident