Wednesday, March 26, 2008

Gretta Says

Gretta (from Riverside Village?) left me this message on their blog.  I thought you should all see my response and be inspired to random acts of kindness.

Motowrencher ~ why do you care so much about the Riverside HOA? Perhaps you need a life??
--Greta
2008-03-27 00:28:54 GMT
Author:Anonymous
Hi Gretta,

I care about everything that goes on in my city. I especially care when it seems that one small group of people has so much control over the destiny of the entire community. Riverside is a small part of my concerns here. The bigger issue is corruption and segregation. I believe that everyone has the right and the responsibility to insist that their leadership not only represent the interests of all the People but to the larger community as well. 
My focus on you is to demonstrate the absurd and mysterious contradictions of our Garden City leadership, in relation to their public statements regarding your (RV HOA) versus the desires of the larger community (Garden City, Treasure Valley). According to all accounts, it has been your HOA that has been the primary obstacle in realizing a 40 year old dream for the Treasure Valley. I find your (RV HOA) attitude peculiar because you could stand to gain the most from the increased attention you would gain as the ones who closed the gap and responded to the community with open arms, rather than hateful signs and rampant elitism.
Greta, let's cool it with the personal stuff. I have a great life, I work hard (at a job that I guarantee, without condition, you could not live without, on any level) and I enjoy my wife, children and barky dog. I love riding my bike and, yes, even walking along the greenbelt's north shore (west of Glenwood). I love camping and fishing and reading philosophy and Contemporary American Literature (my favorites are Steinbeck and Koones). I love people (you included) and God. 
I'm certain you are a wonderful person as well and I would love to sit with you sometime. If you are interested, I'll buy you a mocha or a chai at Moxie's and we can get to know each otherr and maybe really understand the bigger issues here. You have my e-mail, get in touch and let's be friends.
--motowrencher
2008-03-27 01:11:29 GMT

No comments: